I am not normally a person who makes goals on New Years. I’m not really a goal setter in general, or at least I haven’t been. What I am, though, is a habit builder. I think that building new habits for my betterment is the right way to go. I think being accountable helps me to stay on track to actually make my habits stick. And to that end, here are some goals that I have for some new habits I’m attempting to build.
I would like to be more engaged in the information security community, actually contributing to the dialogue and not just watching it go by.
- Tweet More (no real objective here)
- Write more blog posts (at least once a month)
- Submit at least 5 talks this year
Finish building out home lab
Develop a tool for web application testing
- I have a few ideas for this, but not actually started to code anything up yet.
Health / Fitness
- I commited to my sister that I will join here for a sprint triathalon this summer. (I know, I’m not sure what I was thinking)
- Learn and practice Total Immersion swimming technique
- Do an open water swim (the tri is a pool swim, but I would personally like to get to the point where I’m comfortable enough to do an open water swim)
- Learn and practice the Zendurance biking techniques
- Learn and practice Chi Running techniques
- Focus on the positive to build a better mental state
- Learn a new technology
- Learn a new language